What is it?
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners that shift your teeth over time - a much more esthetic and comfortable option as compared to braces. Invisalign is made with 3D computer imaging technology, diagnostic photographs, and x-rays, and has been proven highly effective.
There are many benefits to choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- The aligners are clear, removable, and much more esthetically pleasing than braces.
- No dietary restrictions.
- Aligners are comfortable; no sharp edges or cut lips!
- Brushing and flossing are a breeze.
- Appointments are quicker, less frequent, and painless.
How does Invisalign work?
First, we will work with you to develop a treatment plan. Then, you will approve your custom Clincheck© and aligner therapy begins. Each aligner is worn for approximately two weeks, and is removed only for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. As your teeth shift your aligner is replaced with the next in the series.
The average treatment time varies, but is typically between six months and two years. Patients come in every six weeks so we can track their progress and issue a new set of aligners.
Is it right for me?
Invisalign is effective for addressing many issues:
- Gaps between teeth
- Overly crowded teeth
- Ideal occlusion (optimize your bite to prevent cracked or worn teeth)